Call for Papers
The 11th International Symposium on Human Capital and Labor Markets
Celebrating Release of the China Human Capital Report 2019
The China Center for Human Capital and Labor Market Research (CHLR)
Central University of Finance and Economics
December 13-14, 2019
The conference will mark the release of the eleventh annual China Human Capital Report-2019. It will feature distinguished keynote speeches, plenary and parallel sessions on critical topics related to human capital and labor markets on December 14, preceded by a reception for all attendees on December 13.
? ? ?
We invite submission of individual papers. Topics dealing with broad areas of human capital and labor markets are all welcome.
· ? ? ? ?Submit abstract (400-500 words in English) no later than October 20, 2019 online at: http://editorialexpress.com/conference/2019CHLR/
· ? ? ? ?Notification of decision will be announced in mid-November. ? ? ?
· ? ? ? ?Each session consists of 4 papers and discussants.
· ? ? ? ?All papers accepted for presentation must be submitted to the conference by November 30 so that discussants will have enough time to prepare comments.
Accommodation and Travel Subsidy
· ? ? ? ?Presenters (one presenter per paper) will be provided with hotel accommodation of two nights and meals during the conference (December 13-14).
· ? ? ? ?Junior faculty (within 5 years of receiving Ph.D. and certified by their institution) and Ph.D. candidates (i.e., have passed comprehensive examinations and certified by their office of graduate studies) may apply for international travel subsidy for one half of the airfare up to US$600, subject to budgetary limitations.
· ? ? ? ?The application for travel subsidy must be submitted via the CHLR website, http://humancapital.cufe.edu.cn/, no laterthan October 25.
· ? ? ? ?The decision on the travel subsidy will be announced in mid-November. ?
ChinaEconomic Review Special Issue
· ? ? ? ?All submissions accepted for presentation will be eligible for submission to a Special Issue of ChinaEconomic Review.
· ? ? ? ?Please check the CHLR website for updated information: http://humancapital.cufe.edu.cn/or email email@example.com for questions.
Haizheng Li (Chair), Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology and CHLR
Belton Fleisher (Co-Chair), Professor Emeritus, Ohio State University and CHLR
Zhiqiang Liu, (Co-Chair), Professor, SUNY at Buffalo and CHLR
Cynthia A. Bansak, Professor, St. Lawrence University
Barbara Fraumeni, Professor Emerita, University of Southern Maine and CHLR
Carsten Holz, Professor, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and CHLR
NingJia, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., University of Notre Dame), CHLR
ShanLi, Assistant Professor, (Ph.D., George Washington University), CHLR
Sophie Wang, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., Simon Fraser University), CHLR
Fanzheng Yang, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., Iowa State University, CHLR
NinaYin, Assistant Professor (Ph.D., Toulouse School of Economics), CHLR
? ? ?